MCSC and the Women's Business Center offer small businesses expert advice to obtain and benefit from Women Owned Small Business Certification.
Woman Owned Small Business Certification
Mission Community Services Corporation is dedicated to providing you and your business with the resources it needs to succeed. MCSC wants to assist you in gaining your Woman-Owned Small Business Certification.
The Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) program authorizes contracting officers to set aside certain federal contracts for eligible Women-owned small businesses (WOSBs) and economically disadvantaged women-owned small businesses (EDWOSBs).
How to benefit:
The US Federal Government purchases hundreds of billions of dollars on goods and services every year. To take advantage of the WOSB and EDWOSB set asides, certain criteria must be met to attain certification.
Woman-Owned Small Business Certification Criteria:
- To meet small business size standard for primary NAICS code and contract.
- At least 51% unconditionally and directly owned by women who are U.S. citizens.
- The woman must manage the day-to-day operations.
- The woman must make the long-term decisions for the business.
- A woman must hold highest officer position.
- The woman must work at the business full-time during normal working hours.
There is NO minimum amount of time the business has been operational.
Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) Critera:
Must meet all requirements of WOSB plus:
- Owner has personal net worth less than $750,000 (some exclusions including primary residence).
- Adjusted gross yearly income averaged 3 years before certification is less than $350,000
- Fair market value of all asset including business less than $6 million
Types of Certification
- Self-Certification - Visit certify.sba.gov
- Or use one of four organizations which are SBA recognized:
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- National Women Business Owners Corporation
- US Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)